People of all ages are encouraged to volunteer at Plymouth Place as we offer rewarding opportunities for those who want to share their time with older adults.
Any gift of your time is appreciated and important: a few hours a month, a weekly commitment or help with a one-time special event – we’re always happy to accommodate your schedule.
Volunteers contribute in many ways:
- Helping with special events
- Serving as life enrichment assistants
- Friendly room visits
- Accompanying residents on walks and to events
- Sharing talents (music, art, dance, language, computer, etc.)
- Reading/writing letters, resident biographies
- Play billiards, Wii or cards with residents
- Assist with manicures/put on nail polish
- Animal visits/pet care
- Cooking or gardening programs
- Delivering mail
- Providing clerical help in offices
An annual recognition event is held each year to thank the volunteers for their services.
We hold a “Meet & Greet” orientation that includes a brief tour, Q&A, and all the information you might need for becoming a volunteer.
For more information or to become a volunteer at Plymouth Place, please fill out our Contact Us form or call our Volunteer Coordinator at 708-482-6672.